Ithemba

Ithemba

Friday, February 4, 2011






I hear a scream from inside the house and run in expecting to witness another fight. At the lunch table earlier today I pleaded with the girls "podemos tener UN dia sin peliando POR FAVOR!!" Translation: Can we have ONE day without fighting PLEASE!" Gloria piped up, "I didn't fight at all yesterday!" That may or may not have been true but that doesn't mean the other 8 didn't!

When I entered the house to figure out what the scream was about, all I could understand was that it had something to do with poop and the girls were laughing so I knew they weren't fighting. Someone had clogged the toilet. Next thing I knew Dalia headed to the bathroom with a surgical mask on, a bag covering her hand, and a can of air freshiner. Welcome to my world.

I sat down to write my sister at 1:00 and completed around a paragraph in about 3 hours. TOday was crazy. Ciri was gone all day so I had the girls to myself. I have a couple girls with really bad tempers and so they cannot be left unsupervised for any amount of time or all hell breaks loose. Well that would have been easy if I weren't trying to do a million other things. I was in the middle of doing laundry as all the girls seemed to want my attention at once. I had to run to the laundry room hang up a couple things then fly back to the house to make sure everyone was still alive, answer a question or two and then fly back to wash a sock and so on. I ran around washing socks, hanging up clothes, cleaning up the house, helping with homework, punishing girls, stopping fights, giving hugs, cleaning up spills, and trying to do it all with love.

9 little girls have me wrapped around their fingers. I'm so in love with them, but that does NOT mean it is easy! I found myself exhausted and wanting to give up as a couple of my girls have been SO naughty! I have had to go to the directors numerous times pleading for advice on how to deal with them. I was having a really rough day when I remembered the prayer I had JUST prayed, I prayed for God not to let me be comfortable but to stretch me. He was doing just that. I cannot do this job without Him. I've been praying so much for the Lord to create bonds between the girls and I and for him to teach me to love them as He does. God has been answering my prayers! I cherish my time with my girls! Sitting on my bed having Ana flop down on my lap. Nancy falling asleep in my arms, or following me around with her hand in my back pocket. Rocio smiling her adorable toothless grin. Carmen sitting side by side with me in my bed chatting online. Gloria being her crazy self. Nieves watching my every move. Dalia and her sweet notes she leaves for me. Magai and her soft spoken heart of gold. I'm in love with these precious girls!

1 comment:

  1. I know that at times it must be a huge struggle, and I wish I could help, but since I am so far away, know that I am praying for you!!
    I love your updates!! So even though it must be tough to find the time, thank you for finding it!

    ReplyDelete