Ithemba

Ithemba

Monday, June 23, 2014

A heart that bleeds

She sat beside me tears streaming down her cheeks as she told me her story. The theme of our therapy weekend was on forgiveness and the Lord was obviously working in the girls hearts. I have worked in many homes and have heard so many horror stories of children's pasts but never before was I able to see such raw pain. Children in the homes don't often talk about their pasts and when they do there is often a diconnect as if they are telling a story, not something that actually happened to them. But this weekend I was slapped in the face with the reality of the pain these children have faced. I found tears flowing down my cheeks as one girl sobbed to be aching so badly for the love of her mother who severely abused her. I am tired, I am tired of it all. My heart aches for these children, what did they do to deserve such pain? Why were my little babies abandon like trash? Why do the faces of my princesses hold scares that are constant reminders of the horrendous abuse? How could the innocence of these small precious children be stolen? Oh if I could scoop them into my arms so that they could never again experience one more ounce of pain! My eyes have seen too much in my 26 years of life and my heart bleeds. Every day my heart bleeds more and the only thing I know how to do is fight, I must fight for these beautiful children. I cannot live in this world full of so much pain unless I am giving my every breath to make a difference. Lord take me to the darkest places, rip my heart into pieces, do whatever you want if it means you will use me to show your love.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sam... You are so strong, I hope you see this. I know that you probably think that you're not the strong one...and that the children are (which is also very true), but I hope you know how much of a rock YOU are. If everyone had a little bit of you in them...the world would be a better place. Thanks for being such an inspiration. You continue to amaze me day after day...

    ReplyDelete